Monday, September 28, 2009

Using What You Have Window Treatments



These are the same window with different window treatments, but they are both using what I have. The top one is my current look with blue and white napkins on the bottom and just a length of fabric on the top.


The bottom one is two tea cloths and a length of red fabric swagged back and tied.


I just nail with very small nails and pin when needed. The clips make is easy to do this with anything that is the right size.


The napkins were a little small, but I actually like all the light they let in. I now have herbs in this window and pull back the curtains during the day.


I've used tablecloths, and bed sheets in the past for window treatments. I don't cut anything I just make it work. I also don't sew anything.


Linda


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, your home always looks wonderful. I really love your photo tour of it!

Jane

Becky said...

Another great idea! Thanks for sharing! I bought a shower curtain to use as a window covering,and i still havent hung it....tomorrow is my day off, maybe I'll do it then!

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

Your blog is beautiful, Linda. How do you like blogspot? Are you meeting new friends? As many as Xanga? What is the advantage that made you want to change?

We're doing fine. Lots of challenges these past few years but God is teaching us so much through it all.