Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tasha Tudor Lifestyle Pt. 9 Garden Books













I remember reading that Tasha had an attic room that she kept all her garden books in and she use to go up there and read them. It sounds like she had a lot. I think I remember seeing a picture of that room somewhere. I know she loved her plants and knew a lot about each of them. Also during the winter months she read them and catalogues and planned her next years garden.



I have a collection of garden books. I keep mine in my amour. I keep telling myself I should read them and this year I plan to do that. I want to redo my back garden space and I would like to read and plan instead of just going to the nursery and picking our plants. So I hope to educate myself this winter by reading my garden books and maybe ordering some catalogues too.


Linda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having a plan is a good thing. There are so many temptations at the garden center it becomes confusing after a while. Just think in a few months the seed catalogs will be out!

Jane

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

I would love to find a copy of that book you have pictured A Woman's Hardy Garden. I love the title!

Paula said...

Dear Linda,

Your photos are so beautiful and I always love seeing your bookcases! You have them arranged beautifully! I have so many books, and they are stacked neatly on the shelves, BUT they lack vignettes that you have added to yours! I must do something about that!

Oh, I love garden books too, and have many of the same ones you shared, and some I have not seen. I, too, have seen that photo of Tasha in her attic room with her gardening books, but I cannot recall where. I think your winter plans sound wonderful and I plan on doing the same thing. Now is the time to plant bulbs here in the south, so that is what I am doing now. I look forward to the seed catalogs and ordering my rose bushes.

Love, Paula

Debbie J said...

Thanks for your posts about Tasha Tudor. This makes me want to get my gardening books together in a special spot instead of the way they are now... scattered around in no particular order.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Beautiful photos! Looks like we have the same tray (the one on top next to the cloche). Yes, I'm a see it at the nursery plant it kind of gardener! But I think it's much better in the long run to have a plan!

Manuela