Monday, January 11, 2010

Sewing and Quilting




I just wanted to show you the apron I made for my gd's birthday. Also yesterday I started doing some quilting and made my first mini quilt. I forgot how hard it is to get all the corners to meet and I wasn't sure how to do mitered corners on the binding, but I did cut my binding on the bias and I haven't done that for a long time so I'm proud of myself. So this isn't too bad for a first effort, but hope to do better next time. My next project is going to be pillow covers for the pillows on my couch, to go with my new color scheme.




My craft/sewing room is now where my children't library use to be, pictures on
Around the House, but I really like it much brighter and a nicer place to work.

5 comments:

Ladywillowgrey Ancalimon said...

Oh my gosh mom, I was just informed it is a mini quilt, I am sooo embaressed, Sorry, it is really beautiful though xoxoxox Clarice

Ladywillowgrey Ancalimon said...

I LOOOOOOOVE my apron!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥ It is just beautiful!!!! Thank you sooooooooooooo much!!! And the mini quilt is so cute! You did a very good job!!!! ^-^

Auberne` Acalimon @-`---

Unknown said...

It's only about 3 inches so it's actually more of a coaster. lol Linda

Anonymous said...

What a pretty apron!

Jane

Nancy said...

That apron is just adorable! Love the combination of prints.