Thursday, February 11, 2010

Abe and Me



Abraham Lincoln has always been my favorite president because we share the same birth date. I haven't actually read that much about him. The Civil War period is not my favorite historical period. Saturday my family is taking me out for lunch at one of my favorite restaurants P.F.Chang and we plan to do some window shopping. It should be a fun day. We have to take the ferry over to the other side of the pond. It looks like it's going to be raining, but I'm sure we will enjoy ourselves.
Linda

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! May you have many more.I remember reading that book when I was a small fry. Lincoln is my favorite president too. I like that he held firm to his convictions and wasn't swayed because they were unpopular. Can't imagine our country would have survived without anyone else at the helm. God was looking out for us when he gave us Abraham Lincoln!

Jane

Unknown said...

Thanks Jane. Yes Lincoln was a real man of character. We were fortunate to have him. Linda

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Linda; enjoy your lunch and window shopping. Maybe pick up some of the glorious flowers at Pike Place Market...um...do they have them in winter??

Unknown said...

Janet, Thanks. We're not going to be downtown but up in Lynnwood. Linda

Flower Farm Wife said...

Happy Birthday, Linda!!! My mother's was tomorrow. Great ones are born in February.

Unknown said...

Thankyou Flower Farm Wife. I always thought so. lol Linda

Heidi said...

Oh Linda, how fun! We both share a love of Old Abe for the same reason. Happy belated birthday to you my friend. I hope you had a great day and this year will bring you much happiness!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Unknown said...

Heidi, Thankyou. It was a great day. Linda

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Happy Belated Birthday Linda!
My father's birthday is February 11th and though he would never admit it, he's quite a creative soul as well!
Warmly,
Tracey