Friday, August 20, 2010

Pillows with Button Detail



This is part of what I've been doing this summer. I did several sewing projects that required a lot of hand sewing. I love the sew by hand. I've been using buttons more and more as a detail. I like the tailored look of them. I love this new fabric I got to go with the others I already had. This is my spring and summer look and so I want to make a fall and winter look.

I've been thinking about simplicity again and being off the computer for a while has shown me that it takes up a lot of time so I'm coming back on with the restriction on myself that I can only spend an hour a day on it. So I probably won't be posting as often. Also I want to get a little more personal on my blog and share a little more of my thoughts and not just projects.

I'm looking forward to fall are you?

Linda

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

It was so nice to see you on my blog this afternoon! I love your blog.

The pillows are so pretty, I also love the button detail, it really makes them look personalized and special. I love to find a good bargain on antique buttons, not very easy in my neck of the woods!

Fall is just around the corner - I can feel it in the air - so many leaves already falling off the trees, the farmers cutting grain and getting ready to dig spuds. School starting, the County Fair, pumpkins starting to get big . . . we're almost there :0)

My garden, although it looks pretty good, is about two weeks behind. I think we'll be lucky to get tomatoes or beans before we get a hard freeze.

Simplicity has been on my mind a lot lately - I would just like to clear my life of "clutter", of all kinds. My mind just keeps bringing me back to Tasha Tudor, and her simple and beautiful way of living! I guess I will just keep working on it.

Have a wonderful week-end!

Hugs,
Barb

Elizabeth said...

We're looking for to spring, and following that - summer and Christmas ;-)!

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

The pillows are adorable. You've been a busy gal. Glad to have you back and I can identify with your thoughts concerning the computer stealing time. I'm working on that one, too.

Yes, I am looking forward to fall.. not winter! I love Spring and Fall but could do without summer and winter. I find I become a hermit in both the older I get due to the effects of the season on this OLD body! ha! I get tired of the gloominess of winter.. I think it's my age.. and hopefully will pass when I'm through this season of life. (need I say more?)