Friday, August 19, 2011

Peter Rabbit Pillow

One of the Christmas gifts I'm making is a pillow with this cross stitch in the front. I'm doing the whole series, but not sure what I'm doing with the rest of them. I'm also working on a crochet project, so I crochet and watch dvd's in the afternoons. I've watched all the extended versions of LOTR and the special features. I was thinking yesterday how inspiring the craft work is. It's makes me want to go the extra mile. The way they detailed everything was extraordinary. I leaned so much from the commentary as well as the extra features, it was just fascinating.

It seems a little cooler this morning. I've been starting to get the fall vibe a little. This week I've been doing some deep cleaning and decluttering. Yesterday I cleaned off the front of my frig. It's like a bulletin board for me. It gets pretty cluttered because I just keep adding stuff to it. I think it's about time to degrease the kitchen, that means getting out the ladder and taking the stuff off the tops of the cabinets so I want to wait until I feel up to it. Last time I did it I replaced all the stuff with things that are easy to wash.

I'm still reading Silmarillion and it's hard going. I read a bio. of Tolkien it was quite interesting. This next week my gd and I are going to start watching Star Wars, I've never seen it. So I'm thinking I may start reading the series by C.S.Lewis for adults that was sort of an outer space trilogy. I tried to read it many years ago.

I cleaned up my pot garden yesterday, it never really did much this year. Everything seemed stunted and just didn't want to grow. I kind of started to ignore it and basically gave up on it. Well there is always next year. I think I said that last year!

Have a good weekend.
Linda

9 comments:

wilhelmina said...

Oh what a lovely pillow!!! I love Beatrix Potter! Just got the cutest little "W" with the Flopsy Bunnies from my friend for my birthday. Where did you find the cross stitch pattern? Sounds like a project I might want to start! What's your crochet project? I remember last summer you inspired me to go back to crochet with the rainbow crocheted bag. I just love it! Lots of love from rainy...oh the sunny is peeking.. out Vermont.

wilhelmina said...

Oh forgot to ask what is LOTR?

Unknown said...

Wilhelmina, LOTR is Lord of the Rings by Tolkien. I'm making a small lap robe for my gd with a design on it from a program she likes, The Last Air Bender. It has been a challenge. I don't want to show photos until after Christmas. The scarf I made my dd you might like I posted about it, look under crochet. It's good to hear from you. Linda

Unknown said...

Wilhelmina, I forgot, the Peter Rabbit patterns are some old ones I had for years. I'm trying to use what I have. I'm sure you could get these somewhere, they are so classic. They are fun to do. Linda

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I really love the Peter Rabbit cross stitch - lucky person getting that gift!!

Tolkien is one of my favorite authors! I loved, The Hobit, after reading it, I was hooked!

Star Wars is one of my favorite movies - I remember going to the drive-in to see it many, many, years ago! I still like to watch the series with my grandkids.

My poor garden did not do well this summer either - I've managed to glean a few things from it, but it's pretty sad - I plan on tilling the carrots under tomorrow, as they will never get big enough to eat.

It seems like Autumn is right around the corner . . .

Isn't it funny how we start to get into the nesting mode right before Fall?! Don't work too hard.

Hugs,
Barb

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

I love the cross stitch. I tried to cross stitch years ago but it seemed so difficult. Does it just take practice? I know it's an inexpensive craft. It sounds like you have been a busy girl! :-)

Lady Linda said...

Good morning Linda...I absolutely adore you Peter cross stitch patterns....lovely lovely! You are so talented. I really enjoyed my time with you this summer. Take care.
Love, Linda

Unknown said...

Georgene, I've been doing it for years. I started out with simple patterns and worked my way up to more complicated ones. You have to be able to keep track of where you are in your chart and that can be difficult in a large chart. It was one of the crafts that I found easy for me. I have a stash of patterns and lots of floss, so I'm trying to use up what I have. Linda

Heidi said...

The BP is just lovely! What a wonderful gift to receive.

My garden has had a terrible time this year. My tomatoes just rotted and died. It has been a very cold and wet summer. Well, maybe I should say we have had autumn weather since June. Next year, I too will try again...

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi