Monday, April 23, 2012

New Bedroom Arrangement



I rearranged another room, my bedroom this time. I wanted to show you a photo because I put the bed in an unusual place. It is at an angle in a corner but partially in front of the window. I like it. I've thought of doing this before but didn't think it would look right, but I decided to just go for it. I enjoy rearranging a room because it makes it feel all new to me. I get bored leaving it the same all the time, even if I like the arrangement.


 I also changed the configuration of my bookcases. They were starting to lean forward and so I'm hoping by turning the ends they will stay upright and I think it makes it look like a little library. I know I really should bracket those bookcases to the wall.


  I'm able to put the love seat near the books now and a lamp. So we will see how it lives. Don't be afraid to do something different with your room arrangements. I couldn't believe the dust on the books so this week I'm going to be cleaning books on all my bookcases.

Linda

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I really like your bedroom arrangement! Isn't it wonderful to wake-up with the window right behind you?! It looks so cozy an homey!

I think it's always nice to change things up. I don't do it very often because of my blind granddaughter, who really hates it when I change the furniture. She's pretty good with it as long as you let her know in advance - she hates change!

Hugs,
Barb

La Tea Dah said...

I like your new bed arrangement and how your new configuration of bookcases helps divide your room. Lovely, lovely! Thanks for some great ideas!

Zaa said...

Nice arrangement ..I'm so glad to see that other people surround themselves with books,books and more books...( ha Ha)..I thought I was the only one who lived in a book room..Silly Me !!!! Thanks for sharing ...Hugs