Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Cleaning Drawers and My Den



Well I did all the degreasing in the kitchen a few weeks ago and rearranged my cupboards a bit, but I didn't tackle the drawers, so I'm back in the kitchen. What reminded me of it is that I couldn't fine the thermometer for the yogurt making, I found it. I was surprised how many crumbs there were.  I read in a book I got from the library the idea of thinking about decluttering as choosing those things that you really love or need and finding the proper homes for them, easy access and then with the stuff and the room that's left over you decide what to keep. So I'm trying to do that. I reluctantly eliminated a few things from this draw but not much. As you can see I have 2 meat pounders and I really should let go of the old one. Why am I so reluctant to let go of stuff?

I rearranged my den, it is my favorite way to clean a room. I take everything I can out and start from scratch. I'm happy with the results and I got rid of a lot of dust.

Linda

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Linda, I wish you would come clean out my house. I want to get rid of stuff but can't bear to just give away the antique collectibles. Have not been able to find a way to sell them.

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

Homemade yogurt sounds wonderful - and your organizing looks wonderful too! I have a hard time letting go too, must be the era we were born!?

Hugs,
Barb

Lady Linda said...

So when are you free to come and clean out my house? Oh, the dust after a winter of woodstove dust. YIKES! I wish the sun would come out so I would feel like cleaning. I've been so busy with my Etsy but need to start spring cleaning....sigh.