Friday, September 7, 2012

FFK Challenge 2 Get Ahead Do a Little Something Extra

Funky Fresh Kitchen Challenge 2- Get Ahead, Do a Little Something Extra, from Heavenly Homemaker

Well actually I've been doing this one. Since I decided to add beans back into my diet I've been cooking large amounts and freezing them. I've done black beans and this week cannellini beans.

Yesterday I also made some spiced pear sauce and froze half of it. I'm waiting for my nectarines to get ripe enough to make my own all-fruit and I freeze that.

I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen with all the culturing I'm doing and scratch cooking.

Linda

2 comments:

Mamal Diane said...

I started cooking and freezing my beans some time ago. It's so easy and inexpensive. Today I'm making whole wheat pizza crusts, canning tomatoes and making something with the fresh pumpkin I pureed yesterday. Can't wait for next weeks challenge :)

Unknown said...

Diane, I've been doing so much cooking I'm starting to get a little burnt out. I do plan to make some bone broth this week. I'm enjoying these challenges too.