Monday, October 22, 2012

Time to Declutter Again





This may seem like a funny time to be decluttering but my house is beginning to feel over stuffed again and with the holidays coming I want to clear out a few thing.

 I saw this post  http://orgjunkie.com/2012/10/how-to-make-weekly-household-purges-happen.html that talks about decluttering and she has a donation box which she clears out once a week.

 So I put a big plastic box in my closet marked donations. I already had a bag of stuff that has been sitting in my closet for a long long time. I put it into the box and on my errand day I plan to take it to the Goodwill. Every week I hope to put some things in that box and then empty it on my errand day. For me having a specific day to take the things I think will help me to accomplish this.

I have a hard time letting go of stuff and it seems overwhelming right now, but I'm hoping a baby step approach will get me going. I'm telling myself I have to get rid of something every week. I think a good place to start is the garage. I'm adding this to my weekly chore list.

Edit I'm adding this link that just came up on keep your home clutter free.

Linda


2 comments:

Lady Linda said...

This is a hard one for me....

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I don't have a hard time letting go of things but my husband and daughter do. So it's a constant battle!

Good luck with your decluttering!