Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fullness of Joy Ps 16:11

This week I wanted to share another verse on God's presence and the benefits.

"You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy. At your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

I've been meditating on the Ps 91 verse from last week and thinking about being in God's presence and the word abide. I found an old book I have by Andrew Murray called "Abide in Christ". It has 31 short chapters and you are meant to read one each day for a month. It starts with John 15:1-12 about the true vine and in verse 4 it says-

"Abide in me,and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine, no more can ye,except ye abide in me."

So I'm learning how important it is to live in the presence of God. I'm learning that it means surrender to Him and He will do the rest. When we first accept Christ as Lord we feel so free and then gradually that feeling and go away. It is because we have not truely given ourselves to Him. We haven't really committed.

1 comment:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Psalms 16:11 is a good one for me at this moment.

Oh to abide in Jesus and trust him for everything.

Love and hugs to you and have a very nice week ~ FlowerLady