Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Working on New Garden Bed


April is here. I can't have flowers in the house and so I got this little plant with pink leaves. It's so cute. The pot and the plant came from Walmart.

 I'm starting to think about the garden. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a lot of vegs. this year. It seems to cost more than I reap.

 I am working on my new perennial bed that I put in last year. I found a cute bird bath at Walmart and I'm working on filling in the bed. A lot of the plants died in the middle of it last year and I'm not sure if the ground is polluted or if the sprinkler just wasn't reaching that spot, so I put the bird bath there, but I'm trying to figure out how to deal with the rest of it. I can't afford to spend a lot on plants and plan to move some of what I have around. I have another bed I want to redo and so may move some of those plants into the perennial bed.

It's a little early yet to put in frost sensitive plants, but I sure would like a little more color. I'm thinking about adding some colorful pots. I'm not in a hurry, I want take time to try different things.

Linda

2 comments:

Lady Linda said...

Hi Linda...I don't plant until May. It seems warmer and drier this spring but I may make myself hold off. It is hard!
I'm having my handy man dig out another flower bed! They just get over grown.He may do it tomorrow.
Love,
Linda

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That is a cute little pot!

Moving and dividing plants is always a good way to save some money. I'm starting a bunch of flowers from seed this year and I planted some summer flowering bulbs too which I don't normally do but they're a money saver as well.