Thursday, July 16, 2009

Current Projects and Looking Forward to Fall





We haven't had much of a summer but for some reason I'm feeling the fall vibe. I'm starting to get tired of salads and am thinking of veggie dishes and hardier foods. I got some Japanese eggplant today and am going to make a summer squash, eggplant and tomato layered casserole. I just slice everything and overlap them drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and bake until the veggies are tender. You could add meat if you wanted. I love eggplant and use it a lot.



I'm starting to think about my fall goals. Everyone is talking about preparing for homeschooling and that is getting me in the back to school fall mood. I'm always ready to start new projects in the fall and make new goals. I get a new energy at that time of year and look forward to what that season has to bring. I think this year I'll be trying to do some Christmas gifts. I haven't done any knitting or crochet for a while and may do some of that. I also will probably be ready to do some more decluttering and organizing.



Current projects-I feel like I'm much more prepared for an emergency although you can never really be completely prepared. I will continue to do things a little at a time. I've been busy filling my freezer with berries and sauces. Another thing I've been doing is filling my empty milk jugs with tap water. My water doesn't taste very good, I buy bottled water for drinking and so I feel like I have plenty of drinking water for an emergency but I wanted to have water for other things. I've decided it's impossible to store enough of anything for a long term emergency, I just don't have the room. So I'm just going to do the best I can and concentrate more on just stocking up for everyday life and saving money.



I'm continuing to make yogurt and next I want to start sprouting. I've made ketchup, barbecue sauce, and pesto. I want to still make marinara sauce and tartar sauce and I'm looking for ideas for other things to make. I feel like I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen but I've enjoyed it. It's nice to know I've got all this stuff stocked away.



Linda


Image-allposters.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, if you are starting to long for Fall, you should live here. Today's high is 50 degrees! But I know what you mean, I love Fall. It never seems to last long enough.

Jane

Unknown said...

Fall is my favorite time of year. It's been warm the last few days but we've had a lot of grey this year. Linda