Thursday, July 2, 2009

Healthy Habits





It's July, I guess that means it's summer. Summer comes late here in the northwest and usually doesn't stick around too long, so we try to enjoy it while it is here. Every year is different so you never really know what you are going to get.

I'm concentrating this month on building some healthy habits. Some I've just let slip and some are new.



  • I'm taking an early morning walk as soon as I get up. It's lovely to walk in the morning while the air is fresh and the traffic is low.


  • I'm starting my day with a glass of water or two instead of my usual cup of tea.


  • I'm having my homemade yogurt and berries for breakfast for my tummy, instead of my usual eggs.


  • I'm having a big salad once a day either for lunch or at dinner.


  • I'm trying to increase my veggie intake. My goal is 5 a day.


  • I want to learn to eat more raw foods. My dd is doing that and loves it.


  • I'm getting stricter with my low carb diet, no starches, no sugar and I have to watch the fruit, berries are best.


  • In bed by 11 at the latest, get a good nights sleep.


  • Increase my water intake, decrease tea and coffee.


  • Get outside more in the sun and fresh air.


  • Do some kind of strength training.


  • Learn to enjoy greens like kale, they are very healthy.


I'm sure I'll come up with some more things, any ideas?


I've been reading Nourishing Days and enjoying what she has to say about carbs. Right now she is doing posts about getting off the grid, homesteading. Another new blog about gardening is
Na Da Farm Potager . I love the idea of a Potager.







Linda




image-allposters.com

1 comment:

Becky said...

Its great to set goals! Walking in the morning is great way to see God's creation! Have a great holiday weekend! Do you have a favorite recipe you like to make for the 4th?