Thursday, July 23, 2009

Luck or Blessings




People say they are lucky, I say I am blessed. What is the difference?


The dictionary says luck is the seemingly chance happening of events which affect one; fortune; lot; fate.


One of the definitions for blessed is bring comfort or joy.


I'm so glad I don't have to count on fate but I can count on my Heavenly Father to comfort me and bring joy. Just the knowledge of all Jesus has done for me is enough, but there is so much more.


When I start to get down about finances or will my daughter every find a job, or because of the struggles friends are having I have to remind myself that I am blessed.


I can choose to let fear erode my joy or I can choose to count my blessings.


You can't depend on luck but you can depend on your Heavenly Father to bless you with comfort and joy. His presence in my life puts everything else in perspective.

Linda

Google image

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is sometimes hard to see your blessings. Sometimes you have to actively seek them. Another thought provoking post, Linda!

Jane