Friday, August 28, 2009

Tasha Tudor Day


Read more about Tasha on my daughter's blog. I didn't think much about Tasha until we read the books about her life and lifestyle. The above picture is from the garden book. We were so impressed by the way she lived. I wanted her garden, it was a fairyland and I wanted to live the way she did. What was it?
I think it is very romantic to live a life without all the modern conveniences and being an artist she made the most of it. We've read about other people, like the Amish that try to do this, but Tasha did it in a beautiful way. Stepping into her world would be like stepping into a world of all your childhood fantasies. I'm sure the reality had some dark places but if it did I don't want to know. I want to just immerse myself in her lovely garden, play with her doll house and imagine having tea with her when she was still with us.
I think I need to think about how I can bring some of Tasha's world into my own.
Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pretty sure the one thing no one sees is all the hard work that she must have had. But it certainly must have been wonderful to live completely on your on terms. Unfortunately, most of us have more constraints than Tasha

Take joy!

Jane

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Me too, I still want her garden LOL! Although I don't think one person could manage a garden that size. But she is such an inspiration on many levels!

Happy Tasha Tudor Day!

Manuela

Becky said...

Happy Tasha Tudor Day, I'll have to read more about her-got to dash off to inlaws!