Monday, December 14, 2009

11 Days Til Christmas-Midieval Angels































I usually make some counted cross-stitch ornaments each year. I've done several of these Midieval Angels. The top one is the one I made this year for a friend. The next two I did in previous years and I hope to do the rest in time. I love doing the needlework and these don't take long, but I'm not so good at doing the finishing. I'm getting better with each one, but my gd's are much better at that then I am. Counted cross-stitch is my favorite craft and the one I've done the best at. Some day I'll do a post of some of my past projects.
Counted cross-stitch is not as popular as it was when I first started, but I have a lot of projects that I never got to, so I don't think I'll ever run out of projects. I've learned with ccs that if you keep at it you will get better. One thing I would like to get better at is quilting and so in the new year I want to start a quilting project. I've seen on line this darling dolly dress quilt that I would love to try, but it may be a little ambitious for me now. Paula made me a beautiful mini quilt and I think I'll start by making one of those.
I'm already starting to think about the new year and what I want to do. How about you? I guess it's because my shopping is done and my wrapping is almost done. I still have to think about food and some food gifts I want to make. Is everybody busy making goodies?
Linda




2 comments:

Georgene said...

Hi Linda! Thank you for stopping by for a visit today. How are you?

My daughters and I are having a bake day next Monday. I'll probably do some extra things during that week for goodie trays to give to the family.

I hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

They are just beautiful Linda!

Jane