Sunday, January 17, 2010

Granny Squares


I've been wanting to learn to do granny square since I saw some beautiful ones on line. Here is one site that has some beauties.
I tried some different instructions on line but what helped me the most was this
You Tube tutorial and I've been practicing today. You need to know how to do basic crochet but there are instructions for that on line too. My tention needs to improve, but I'm getting the hang of it. I need to get some of those beautiful colored yarns that I see being used. I think that is really why I suddenly like granny squares. They are so colorful and cheerful.
Crochet is one of those things like knitting that I have to kind of learn over again ever time because I don't do it that often, but granny squares are actually quite easy.
This site is doing A Granny A Day Challenge and is doing crochet instructions.
Linda

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Granny squares are fun, you won't be able to crochet just one. Attic 24 inspired me to crochet grannies again this past summer.

FlowerLady

Tyrus and Cathie Jo said...

Oh how I love crocheting so relaxing. Your's looks beautiful.. Your doing great.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Linda ~ Attic 24 is a great inspirational, informative blog. Here is the address for her post on joining the squares as you crochet along. I really like that because it's so much easier than doing it when you are done. Except for lining colors up.

Making a mini granny square piece will give you good practice and a great beginning to this fun needlework.

http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/joining-asyougo-sqaures.html

Happy Crocheting ~ FlowerLady

~~Deby said...

I love granny squares as well, it looks like you are learning fast..will look forward to seeing your choice of colors...sounds like a fun project(s) to me....
Deby

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That yarn is making such cute granny squares! Looks like you're doing great.

Manuela