Friday, February 5, 2010

Sewing Project and Granny's




I hoped to have a pillow to show you today, but it hasn't happened so far. So I'm showing you the fabric I'm going to use. I also wanted to show you how I'm doing with the granny squares. My dd had the brilliant idea to make a runner for my table instead of a whole blanket. I liked the idea because I want to try the flower garden pattern and the hexagon pattern, so doing a smaller project I can try out different patterns before I dive into a large project. I decided to not use that second batch of yarn I got, it was just to heavy and I found another store that carries this yarn so I was able to get two more colors, an eggplant and a darker lime green.




I don't want to rush the pillows, but I think I know what I want to do for the first one, so hopefully I'll get that done soon.




I've been busy cooking see In The Kitchen where I talk about my new habit I'm working on.
Linda

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your grannies are lovely and a runner sounds like a great idea.

I'm going over to check out what's going on in the kitchen.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Nancy said...

Those are lovely bright fabrics you plan to use for your pillows. Concerning our "near miss." I have never worried about large trees around the house but that is our second near miss. Guess I should worry.

Anonymous said...

What fun bright colors! Bet those granny squares would make cute pillow too!

Jane

Unknown said...

Jane, Yes I think a pillow would be a good option too. Linda