Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gift Wrap Center




I've created a little gift wrap center for myself. I had a small desk in my bedroom that wasn't really being used and I got the idea to move it into a little nook next to the closet in the children's library. I keep all my gift wrap supplies in that closet. So even though it's not a very big surface I think it will work out. I also put all my notepaper and cards in the draw so it will be an ideal place to write a note or send a card. The two bags hold tissue in one and lengths of cut ribbon in the other and the little basket has stickers in it.
At the same time I decluttered this closet and my gift wrap supplies. I found out I had a lot of gift boxes and tissue I didn't know I had. So those big boxes have gift bags in one, paper in one and gift boxes in one. I have the rolls of ribbon in the basket and a big box on the floor for tissue.
I also keep all my Christmas gift wrap on the top shelf and I want to go through that also, but will keep it separate from the regular gift wrap.
Because of moving this little desk I ended up doing some other moving and rearranging finishing off the rooms I had repurposed in Jan. I'll have some pictures on my house blog later. Don't have time right now. Edit new pictures here.
Linda

8 comments:

Barb said...

What a great idea and I love the desk! It looks so organized and put together, and it sure does give me some good ideas - thank you.

Flower Farm Wife said...

What a sweet cosy corner, Linda. I can see you must love Beatrix Potter. Her illustrations are really dear. Joann

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little nook! Isn't that the way it goes? One project leads to another? Your gift wrapping center surebeats mine. I keep all my wrap in the bottom of a tallcase clock!

Jane

Unknown said...

Jane, I seem to have so much stuff it would never fit in a tallcase clock. I keep trying to use it up, but I seem to have just as much as I did a couple of years ago. I haven't bought paper for ages. The only thing I'm starting to run low on is ribbon. I wish I had a tallcase clock to keep my rolls on paper in, lucky you. Linda

Troy said...

OK, I confess. I miss the days when stores would gift wrap. I have been known to give the Boy/Girl Scouts, 4H, or local church youth group a donation to have them wrap my gifts. It's just not one of those things I ever excelled at.

My wife on the other hand, makes each gift she wraps a work of art.

I always enjoy my visits to your blog, in fact, I have nominated you for an award. You can visit my blog at http://i-refuse-to-recede.blogspot.com/2010/02/award.html to read more about it.

Keep up the good work.

Troy

Nancy said...

Aren't you the organized one! I am trying to be. Am recycling tons of magazines, catalogs and cleaning out my file cabinets. But it seems I only weed out a small percentage. Must dig deeper!

Thanks for visiting Porch Days and watching the video of my son. We just hope that when he finishes grad school he can get some good acting jobs and not have to be a waiter again!

Heidi said...

You are perfectly organized Linda! What a luxury to have this kind of space to be able to do this. I keep all my wrapping together in one bag. Living in Holland is a challenge as there are no built in closets. Your cupboards are freestanding and take up so much space which is at a premium anyway here. Wrapping gifts will be a complete joy for you.

We have favorite authors in common...Tasha Tudor, Beatrix Potter...

Hugs ~
Heidi

Unknown said...

Heidi, I'm at the time of life where my family is gone and so I have all this room to myself. I could have downsized but because I'm home a lot and so I like the space. Linda