Friday, January 29, 2010

Grannying











I'm enjoying making my granny's except that I'm a little frustrated with my yarn. I bought some lovely bright colors, but not enough so I went out to look for more and could not find the same yarn. I bought something that was suppose to be similar and I'm not really happy with the weight or the colors. I thought I would get use to them, but I'm not so now I think I'm going to have to redo all the ones that have the second batch of yarn in them. I'm also going to have to find more yarn. I may have to compromise on the colors I want. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I don't want to end up with something I don't like.

I'm trying to do one granny a day. I'm doing four rows with the idea that I will add one more but I'm not sure yet if I want to do that last row all one color. I see this as a long term project like my shawl. I may finish the shawl by next winter.

I tried blocking my practice squares by pining them on to a towel covered piece of foam and spraying them with water. It really does make them lay much better. I put a scalloped edging on it. That was a little tricky but I thought it turned out pretty well. It was the half triple crochet that was tricky.

I think once I get the yarn figured out I will be able to just enjoy grannying, it's fun.
Linda
Post a Comment