Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Strawberries




I'm still working on bringing color to my living and dinning rooms. My dd lent me some strawberries she had to add to my wreath and my coffee table. I want to make some of these myself. My dd told me they are easy. I've also been looking for fabric to recover pillows. So far I've found a couple of pieces, but I need more. I want to do a patch work like the ones my dd is letting me borrow. The strawberry napkin in the picture under the cake plate would be the center.




I've also been working on decluttering and organizing my craft room, magazines and another closet. I tend to organize and not get rid of anything, but I'm trying. I don't buy magazines anymore, but have some old ones that I keep for crafting and some just to read. I have a lot of old Country magazines. I love to read those and Reminisce. I've also kept a lot of the old Country Living one of my favorite magazines and Country Home.




I'm working on my granny's will post about those later this week.




Linda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Organizing must be in the air! Spent the entire Sunday afternoon organizing all those clippings that were scattered all over the house. Those strawberries are cute!

Jane

Unknown said...

Jane, Yes, it's that time of year. Thanks. Linda

Heidi said...

It is winter but we landed in summer with your strawberries. They are simple to make and you will enjoy doing them. I think your patchwork cushions sound fun too.

Organizing seems to be something that keeps coming back. I am forever organizing as we try to simplify our lives. We just allowed ourselves to collect too much over the years. I am selling old things online and have made enough money to pay for our new furniture and almost the entire amount for our new floor. It is a kick to know our old stuff paid for it. And others are happy to have things (especially hobby stuff) for great prices.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Unknown said...

Heidi, Yes, it doesn't feel very wintery around here this year. We get a lot of grey, but it hasn't been real cold. Every year after the holidays are over I seem to want to jump into spring. I guess this year I'm jumping into summer. I've gotten rid of stuff several times over the past 20 years, since I sold my home where family was raised, but I still feel like I have a lot of dated stuff, but can't really replace it all, so I'm trying to just jass it up a bit. Linda

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those strawberries are so darling!

I'm very into organizing and declutting right now too! It's amazing the stuff you accumulate and I just want my home to work more efficiently so I'm doing little things that will just make life a bit easier!

Manuela

Nancy said...

Country Home and Country Living are also my favorites. I gave up all my subscriptions because they piled up and I could never get rid of any. Now that I'm doing better with that maybe I can start at least one subscription.

I don't blame you for being afraid of hornets. I moved something in the yard where bees were starting a nest and they stung me elven times.