Saturday, January 23, 2010

A New Habit


On organizing Your Way they had a post about "Starting a New Habit" I really didn't do any resolutions this year. I felt like I had several projects I wanted to work on and that was enough. However, I've been neglecting my diet and I know one reason why I haven't been eating well is because I haven't been in the kitchen cooking enough. My mornings fly by and then I'm tired so my new habit is something I was doing until I got off track and that is to do prep work for my meals later that day and maybe even later in the week. I decided right after breakfast is the best time while I'm already in the kitchen.




She wants you to make yourself accountable so I'm posting on my kitchen blog as a way of doing that. I posted today about the pot roast in the picture above.
If you check out the link she has some other ideas about how to stick with your new habit.
Linda

3 comments:

Mandi @ Life Your Way said...

I'm so glad the post encouraged you, Linda! We'll have monthly check-ins at OYW as well, so be sure to come back and share your progress!

Paula said...

Dear Linda,

It sounds like your new year is off to a wonderful start! I am glad you are going to be more careful about your eating. The roast looks wonderful!

How are your granny squares coming along? They looked so lovely! I love the beautiful apron you made for Auberne', and your new decorating touches are so pretty and cheerful!

Love and blessings to you,
Paula

Anonymous said...

Linda,

That sounds like a good idea to prep for the next day while you are already in the kitchen. Best of luck with your new habits!

Jane