Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More Pillows








Well I pushed through and got the rest of the pillows done. I added a little button detail to a couple of them. the blue pillow in the center is the one that will get the granny squares added around it's middle once I get them done. I st ll have to do something with the seat cover, but I'm happy for now. I don't sew a lot and am determined to do more this year, so that I can get comfortable with sewing on my machine. It seems that no matter how many times I measure I still make mistakes, but with these pillows it was easy to add if I cut too short or put in a tuck if I cut too long. I only ripped out one seam when I attached the fabric on the wrong side. Anyway I'm glad they are done and now my next project is another apron for one of my gd's.
Linda


5 comments:

Janet said...

Glad I am not the only one who has measuring issues, makes me glad I have never tried wallpapering. Can you even imagine the exactitude required??

Barb said...

I really love your color combination's, where do you find such fun fabric? I sometimes have a hard time deciding what fabric to put with what, I guess I'm just not very sure about myself when it come to that kind of thing. I think they are so cute, and I can't wait to see the round one with granny squares!

Blessings, Barb

Unknown said...

Thanks Barb. I'm not very confident either, but I have a talented dd that helps me. I was more cautious with the first pillows and more adventursome with the last ones. I think getting good fabric is what makes the difference.I got most of mine at a nicer fabric store in the area and a few at JoAnn's. Linda

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those pillows are sooooo pretty! I just love them. You have a way of combining colors and patterns!

I'm not much of a sewer either. I always have to pull out my manual to figure out how to wind the bobbin! But like you, I'm determined to get better at it and the only way to do that is by doing.

I think you did a beautiful job on those pillows!

Manuela

Unknown said...

Manuela, Thanks. That's funny, I sill have to pull out my manuel too wind the bobbin too, but I'm getting there. Linda