Monday, April 12, 2010

My Journaling and Quiet Time Box



I've gotten back to having my quiet time first thing in the morning. I'm setting my alarm so that I can do it first. I had a lot of excuses why I could never do it at that time of morning. I fall asleep, I don't sleep well, I can't concentrate and so on. I decided to commit to doing it and just do it and see what happens, because I really think it is the best time to do it.






So I bought myself a new box to hold everything. I got it at Target, the colors go with my living room and I can carry it where ever I want it. I dug out a notebook and bought myself some new pens and highlighters and a little pouch to keep them in.






I like to journal and so I also journal my prayers and conversations with God. It works for me and I can get everything off my chest that way and be able to go back later and see how things have changed.






Because the house is still cold early in the morning I'm doing my QT in bed and so I got out a bed tray which has a place for a book and I keep my devotional and a note book in there along with a Bible. So I have a hard surface to write on. I just tried it this morning and it worked pretty well.






So the journaling box and the bed tray are the tools to help me with my early morning QT and other times when I just want to journal or take notes on something I'm reading. I'm also starting a Bible Study time in the afternoons and I will use the box for that too.






Sunday I followed Passionate Homemakers idea about having a Planning Retreat and redid my whole schedule. I used the box to keep a binder and notes in that I was reading about Vintage Housekeeping and yesterday I went over those notes to make changes to my schedule. So the box can also be used for special projects.
I'm doing a series about my Housekeeping Book on my Around the House blog. Links on side bar under housekeeping book catagory. My latest is about rituals.



Linda






Post a Comment