Monday, April 12, 2010

My Journaling and Quiet Time Box



I've gotten back to having my quiet time first thing in the morning. I'm setting my alarm so that I can do it first. I had a lot of excuses why I could never do it at that time of morning. I fall asleep, I don't sleep well, I can't concentrate and so on. I decided to commit to doing it and just do it and see what happens, because I really think it is the best time to do it.






So I bought myself a new box to hold everything. I got it at Target, the colors go with my living room and I can carry it where ever I want it. I dug out a notebook and bought myself some new pens and highlighters and a little pouch to keep them in.






I like to journal and so I also journal my prayers and conversations with God. It works for me and I can get everything off my chest that way and be able to go back later and see how things have changed.






Because the house is still cold early in the morning I'm doing my QT in bed and so I got out a bed tray which has a place for a book and I keep my devotional and a note book in there along with a Bible. So I have a hard surface to write on. I just tried it this morning and it worked pretty well.






So the journaling box and the bed tray are the tools to help me with my early morning QT and other times when I just want to journal or take notes on something I'm reading. I'm also starting a Bible Study time in the afternoons and I will use the box for that too.






Sunday I followed Passionate Homemakers idea about having a Planning Retreat and redid my whole schedule. I used the box to keep a binder and notes in that I was reading about Vintage Housekeeping and yesterday I went over those notes to make changes to my schedule. So the box can also be used for special projects.
I'm doing a series about my Housekeeping Book on my Around the House blog. Links on side bar under housekeeping book catagory. My latest is about rituals.



Linda






6 comments:

Paula said...

Dear Linda,

I love you idea of having everything in one place for your quite time and journaling. It makes it so much easier. The basket is a great idea because you can carry it anywhere you like. Thank you for sharing!
Love, Paula

Barb said...

Linda,

You must be the most organized woman! I love the idea of a quiet time for yourself - how wonderful to be able to ponder on your thoughts and feelings early in the morning. Journaling is not something I'm good at - hence, blogging! I really like your "Around the House" blog - thank you for sharing so much with us.

Hugs,
Barb

Unknown said...

Barb, I love to organize things, it's just of my personality. I don't think journaling is something you are good or bad at. It's more a matter of wanting to do it or not. If you can blog you can journal. My journal entries are not wonderful stories that my family will read when I'm gone they are much more mundain. I like to work things out on paper, most of it is just things I'm wanting to get off my mind or figure out. The blogs are really doing a lot for me. I'm doing things I probably would procastinate about before, so I'm enjoying the process. Linda

Anonymous said...

I think for me too having a quiet time in the morning works best.. somehow later in the day it just get pushed aside with the business of the day. Ponder_ing

Barb said...

Hi Linda, Just me again! Thank you for your nice comment on my blog! I would love to see some of your sketches . . . I hope you still have them. I am going to look for the book you suggested, it sounds like something I would love to read and ponder over.

I will follow my inspiration - thank you for the encouragement!

Hugs,
Barb

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Hello Linda,

Your quiet time basket is such a great idea. I'm a true believer in the power of those morning quiet times. Truth be told, my quiet times allowed me to write my books! Especially the first one, when Rosie was still a toddler.

I am really admiring your basket and the way you organize your quiet time goodies. I don't turn the heater on just for myself either, but tend to fall back asleep if I stay in bed, so I take one of those down throws with me to my cozy corner, along with a little tray that holds my coffee (in a carafe) a pretty cup and a creamer with 1/2 and 1/2. This way I needn't get up for a refill if it's still too chilly. :)

Thanks so much for sharing this part of your day with us.

Warmly,
Tracey
x0x