Friday, April 16, 2010

Granny Squares Scarf


This is my gd. I finished the scarf I was making for her. She wanted it long, so I just kept adding squares until we thought it was long enough and then I put the border, a simple one on it. I've use up a lot of my yarns now, so I have to decided If I want to buy more of the same for the next project or switch to something else. I'm thinking I would like to switch things up a bit, but it all depends on what I decide to do for my next project. There are several things I want to do. I think with my left over yarn I'm going to try doing the ripple design and see how hard it is. Here is a link to the pattern. Here is also a link to the bag I would like to make also.
It was a beautiful day here today. A good day to get outside. I went to the nursery and they were mobbed. Have a good weekend.
Linda

4 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

So cute Linda! I love the colors you chose. I've been trying to go to HD etc during the early am on the weekdays because it's just too crazy on the weekends and after 6!

Manuela

Barb said...

Hi Linda! I love the scarf, and your beautiful granddaughter looks pleases as pie with it! I have been wanting to make an afghan with granny squares, just trying to figure out what colors to use, yours are so pretty - you are my inspiration!

Thanks for all the nice comments on my blog - always so fun to hear from you!

Blessings,
Barb

Flutterby Patch said...

Great work, I love the colour combination you've chosen.

Barb said...

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your nice comment. The wedding will be may of THIS year, can you believe it! They are both in their 30's and just want to get on with life. So . . . I will be quickly planning a rehearsal dinner, and trying to find a dress - that's the hardest part! They are both pretty laid-back, so I don't think it will be extravagant.

We are excited about getting away - we are going to need it, maybe we should wait until after the wedding! Idaho is beautiful in the Springtime, but very unpredictable. I can generally know what we will be expecting by watching the weather in Oregon and Washington - so let me know if you are getting terrible weather!

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Barb