Saturday, June 12, 2010

Herb Markers



While my gd and I were walking on the beach I saw these shells and got the idea to use them as markers for my herbs.

I have 21 herbs now.One of the interesting ones I got this year is Lavender Scented Thyme. I love thyme and also have English Thyme and Lemon Thyme.

This French Mint is from last year and I loved it because it is not too strong, it has a real nice mild taste. I have three other mints, Pineapple Mint, Curly Mint, and Peppermint. I would like to get Spearmint, I like the flavor of it.

I got a Lavender to put in a pot this year because the landscapers spray our lawns and I don't know if it is getting into my Lavender that are in the flower bed. I use those for potpourri, but I wanted some for teas.

I wanted to get some of the herbs I used last year and got a second lemon balm because it is used in a lot of things. I also got lemon verbena for tea and sage for tea and culinary.

So those are some of the ones I'm growing this year plus several others. I have the usual parsley and chives, rosemary and oregano for cooking.

Linda
Post a Comment