Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ladies Mantle




I have this very large Ladies Mantle. I love the lime green color of the flowers. This is another flower that I like to cut and bring in for bouquets. I like to let it dry and use it all winter long. It look lovely along with the lavender.

Here is a link about drying although I just put it in a vase and let it dry.

It does have medicinal uses when made into a tea, but it also has warnings, so I don't think I'll be trying it.

I took a class is drying flowers several years ago. It was a lot of fun. Here are some of the various ways to dry different flowers. This site tells you what flowers are best for drying and has several different methods like microwaving.

I haven't done this for a while, but I'm thinking of trying it again. I also have a press for flowers that is fun or you can use an old telephone book.

I wanted to let you know my laptop screen has been fading out on me and so if I disappear for a time it's because I've taken it in.

Linda
Post a Comment