Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Lavender is in Bloom



My lavender is in bloom, so I can start harvesting a new bunch. I just like making little bouquets around the house.

I also enjoy seeing them in the garden so I won't cut them all. Unfortunately I can't use these in cooking because the ground near them is sprayed by the landscapers and I'm afraid it might be getting into the lavender, but I can still enjoy them in other ways.

I may make some sachets for the bath or to put under my pillow. I never did make a sleep pillow last year, so I might do that.

I do have a lavender in a pot which I'll be able to cook with, but it hasn't bloomed yet. I will use it for the flavored honey and teas. You can also use it in foods, but you have to be careful not to overdo it, it can take on a medicinal taste to some people.

What is your favorite way to use lavender?

Linda
Post a Comment