Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall Centerpiece



I did my fall decorating. This is what I did with my dinning room table. I decided I wasn't ready to do pumpkins and will add them later. This especially the mantle (which I'll show you later) ended up looking kind of like a Tasha Tudor look. My original idea was to use my old books. I have a lot of country living, mostly in New England type books and, what it was like in the old days type books, that I wanted to showcase. I like to put out books I haven't read for awhile, in the hopes I might pick one up.

I usually do my decorating by starting with the bones and then adding the little accents. As I think of things or find things I add them. I want my fall decor to be cozy. I had to put away my pretty pillows I made this summer, but I really don't mind because the old ones feel so much more like fall.

The leaves are from previous years, they are ironed between wax paper. I love acorns and have these wooden ones, some real ones and some little wax ones that are candles. I also have beautiful fabric one that my daughter made me and a metal one that I use with my wax candle squirrel.

Linda

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

What a pretty centerpiece! Don't you just love this time of year, when you can get out all those old loves and make them look so comfy cozy? I love the little lambs - so cute! I also love the red tea cup...it looks so much like Autumn, and the old books really tie the whole thing together!

The leaves are beautiful - I've never heard of ironing them between wax paper, what a great idea! Sounds like a great craft project for my older grandkids! Did you ever put shavings of Fall colored Crayons between wax paper, iron it and then cut them into leaf shapes? I can remember doing that as a Harvest project when I was a child. We also did it on Valentines Day, with red and pink, cut into hearts. They are very pretty hung in a window.

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Barb

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

You certainly have an eye for color! It's lovely! I'm glad to see you posting. I hope you are feeling well. Aren't you glad fall is nearly here?

sheila from life @ #17 said...

Hi, my first visit to your blog...I came via a link on Porch Days, I believe...I love the vignette you've created...AND that little black sheep is too wonderful :)

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It's beautiful! I love that red teacup!

Manuela