Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall Mantle


This is what I did with my mantle. I'm putting more photos on Around The House. We had a beautiful day Saturday and my dd and I went for a 2 1/2 mile hike. I was so tired. Today it's grey and damp and muggy inside. I want to get out with my camera and look for some fall color. I'm not really seeing much around here. I'm in a knitting mood and a baking mood. I usually get the organization mood at this time of year, but not this year at least not yet, I'm too busy with my diet and fitness.

I'm collecting ideas for Christmas goodies. I decided to start a file and when I see an idea I stick it in there. I made a lot of food items last year and would like to do the same this year. I'm looking at recipes for power bars and trail mix as well as chocolate goodies. I'm in a Christmas mood. I just ordered a bunch of Christmas books from Christianbook.com. Jan Karon has a new book coming out. It's a continuation of the second series she started about Father Tim's family. They go to Ireland in this book.

Have a good week everyone. We saw "Letters to Juliet" about a week ago and it was so cute.

Linda

5 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Precious Fall mantle!

Oh my, I haven't even thought about Christmas yet. But if you have, and are making plans, well good for you!

"Letters to Juliet" is one of those films I want to rent..... When I re-up with NetFlix. I need a nice big list of films-to-rent, and then get going on it. But check the library system first. :-)

Gentle hugs...

Becky said...

I'm starting to think about Christmas,but de-cluttering my room,organization is first on my list! Hope your doing well!

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

Your mantel is beautiful! I just love your little primitive doll - you really do have a knack for decorating, it's so pretty!

A hike sounds fun...but like you, I'd rather be baking or fussing inside. I'm one of those people who think that when the seasons change, they should change! It was 86 degrees here today - I want it to cool off.

Christmas has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm trying to keep it very simple this year (I always say that...:0) ) I would really love to give my girls a copy of "Wren Bay", I think they would love it. And, one of my daughters told me that all she wants are new bread pans - I think I could do that! I would love to have recipes of your Christmas goodies, always looking for new ideas.

Have a wonderful week,

Hugs,
Barb

sheila from life @ #17 said...

I am very excited about the new Father Tim book! and I do love your mantel...the books, the doll and the doors just work so well...and I love the song you have playing by Brandon Heath :) I'm going to have to investigate this further :) so thanks!

Nancy said...

You're early with your Christmas mood. You'll probably be all organized and ready early.
Nancy