Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fall and Winter Pillows




I made the purple pillows to go with the other ones I already had. The poppy floral I made a few years ago and the plaid with the floral boarder I didn't make, it is April Cornell. I love the combination because it is so unexpected. The purple pillows I just made are covering pillows I already had but didn't use any more.

I'm still totally focused on my diet and fitness. What I was doing wasn't working so I've gone to a very low carb diabetes diet and I have high hopes for it. I've been spending a lot of time on line doing research. My 1 hour limit on line is long gone.

I've been cooking new recipes. Last night it was pork chops smothered in sweet peppers. Tonight it's salmon with a teriyaki marinade. The chops would have been good but I over cooked them. I want to try the recipe again sometime. I should know better than to follow a recipe when it doesn't sound right. I usually use my own cooking knowledge to over ride a recipe when it seems wrong.

I'm still enjoying doing Curves and look forward to it except for getting up so early. On the weekend I want to try and get a walk in. My gd and I went walking yesterday and explored some trails in our area.

My gd and I brainstormed some trail mix ideas. One she came up with was a S'more Trail Mix with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, pretzel sticks and chex's corn cereal. I asked each gd what they would like in their trail mix and they came up with some interesting ideas. We talked about doing a Christmas one with peppermint candies in it or trying to do ethnic ones.

So that's what I've been up to. Have a good week. I love October.

Linda

1 comment:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Great pillows! But no instructions for we who are *pillow-making-challenged*. :-))))

I've made one, but it was not as simple as I would have liked... Is there a link, to a site, which gives simple instructions, please? If so, would you please give it to me, in a Comment on my blog? Because I don't return to read Comments again, in blogs I have already read.

Please and thank you.

Oh and yes, be so happy you are not one of we *sewing-challenged* people! :-)))))

Gentle hugs...