Saturday, October 9, 2010

Memories



I was shopping with my gd today in an antique shop and I saw this cup. I immediately recognized it as the same as a set my mom had. It's English bone china, but she got the set in Canada. It was one of her favorites. When she died and we divided up her things someone else got this, so I was thrilled at the chance to get the cup. Every time I look at I'll remember my mom. Do you have things that remind you of a loved one that is gone?

I've officially started my Christmas shopping. I found a few things while my gd and I were looking around. I'm determined I won't end up buying more for myself than for others. In fact I want to make most of my gifts, but I will buy a few things.

Fall really feels like its her now. I'm seeing the trees start to change color and there are leaves starting to fall. The pumpkins have come to the grocery store. When I was there yesterday they were unloading huge boxes of them. Have you seen the knotty head pumpkins. I'm adding pumpkins and gourds to my decorations. I'll put some pictures on my Around the House blog. I got a beautiful light blue one.

Linda

3 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

It's a beautiful cup and saucer --- I have exactly the same set and think it is so beautiful! I love the yellow!

LaTeaDah

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

The cup is beautiful...I'm so glad you found it. Memories and treasured objects of loved ones are sometimes what keeps generations remembering and wanting to learn more. I try to tell my children and grandchildren stories about my grandparents to keep them alive in this generation. I have a few things that remind me of my grandparents and father who have both passed - I love them and treasure them!

Autumn has officially hit Idaho. The leaves are turning and making a mess in my yard - but that's okay, I'm ready for Fall. Today, we finished pulling up the garden, tilled it, put outside things inside, and tried to get ready for "Old Man Winter".

I have a list for Christmas, but haven't started yet...maybe in the next week or so. I'm so glad that you are on the ball, and getting ready early!

I love pumpkins and gourds! I am looking forward to visiting your site to take a peek!

Enjoy our last days of Autumn!

Warm hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

What a Beautiful writer you are and a special lady..I can see you have passed on your gifts to your girls and now your granddaughters...What a legacy...When you see Laurie and Clarice give them hugs for me...and have them give you one..I look forward to reading more of your blog......This is such a gorgeous time of the year...I am back in Savannah after being in Ny and though things are slower to change in the South there is a little bit of Autumn in the air and that makes me smile....:)...Thank you for sharing your wisdom.