Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Flowers


I think aliens have taken over my laptop today. It's driving me crazy. Well I'm trying to just touch bases for the week. The photos are some of my fall flowers that I'm still enjoying. We have had sun on and off. I haven't cleaned up my pot garden yet. I'm waiting until we get frost. Last year at this time I was big time into herbs. Trying to grow them inside didn't work out too well. I'm not sure why, but it was messy and after a while buggy. They didn't grow much. I'm not sure what I'm going to do this year. I'll try and keep the ones on the porch alive as long as I can and give them protection. I'm not sure what kind of winter we are going to have. I thought it might be a nicer one, but I've heard rumors of a cold one. So far it's cold one day and warm the next.

I've been into British mysteries which always puts me in the garden mood, as I read about their veggies gardens and lush flowers. I enjoyed all the flowers in pots I planted this year and think I will do that again next year. The veggies didn't do well, but we had a cold wet summer and when we finally got some sun and heat it was too late for things to grow much. I've always had good luck with my tomatoes and this year they just didn't produce anything. Well come spring I'm sure I'll be raring to go again.

My life has been so dominated by this diet and fitness program I've been trying to do I have felt like my creativity and fun projects have just been put on the back burner. I am making some Christmas gifts, but can't talk about most of them. I've decided to ease up on the diet and fitness for a while and get some balance back into my life. I was reading something about the importance of balance. I know that I tend to go full bore when I get into something and everything else suffers, so I'm trying to get back on track with the rest of my life. I'm cutting my Curves down to 3 days a week and plan to go in a little later instead of getting up at 6:30 like I have been and the diet was so restrictive that I just lost my appetite so I'm backing up on that too and just taking another look at what I really need to do for my diabetes, but still be able to enjoy cooking and eating.

I'm looking forward to a busy day tomorrow with my dd's signing party and dinner out with family and a few friends. We are going to a Tapas place.

Have a good weekend. Hugs everyone.

Linda

2 comments:

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

I can relate to the all or nothing focus. I suffer at times, too. I'm seeking to follow the Lord more purposefully each day and wait on Him. I don't do it well.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love your fall flowers! I keep meaning to stop by HD to get some pansies to plant but just haven't had a car or time to do so!

I wish I could go to the book signing! I know it'll be fabulous and I can't wait to read about it! I hope one of you takes pictures!

Manuela

Manuela