Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Late Summer, Early Fall Decorating



The streets are wet, we are getting a light misty drizzle. Does that mean summer is over?

I've done my late summer/ early fall decorating.



I'm not ready for pumpkins and bright fall colors yet.






I've been into the cozy mystery mood. My dd gave me a Laura Child tea mystery for my birthday in Feb. and I still hadn't read it. It's "The Teaberry Strangler". I enjoy these once in a while. I'm trying to decide what I want to get into next. I'm setting LOTR's/Tolkien books aside for a while.

My new interest is Pininterest. My dd has been talking about it and I decided to give it a try. It's lots of fun, but addictive. I've been trying to keep my time on line limited, but it's something fun to do when I'm bored. lol. When I go to the link it takes me to my pin page but I think it will take you to their home page.

I've been watching dvd's while I work on my Christmas projects. The latest thing I'm watching is "Hetty Wainthropp Investigates" and yesterday I watched "The Blind Side", it was wonderful. Hetty Wainthropp is a British mystery. I really like Patricia Routledge the main character and her side kick Dominic Monaghan from LOTR's fame. He played Merry, one of the Hobbits. His work with Patricia was his first role. Sandra Bullock was so good in "The Blind Side". I thought this movie was going to be depressing, but it was not at all. It was very inspiring and thought provoking.

I'm still waiting for the fall energy to hit me. I think if the weather cools down that will do it. Once I feel fall in the air it will kick in. I had a spurt about a month ago, but that has sense gone. I got sick and am still trying to get back to normal.

I made a Chicken Soup yesterday and I'm going to make Beef Stew today or tomorrow so my cooking is reflecting fall.

Have a good week.
Linda

1 comment:

Lady Linda said...

I do believe fall is almost here Linda. At least summer had faded away. Sure hope Clarice is hanging in there.
Love, Linda