Friday, September 2, 2011

Library Table

I'm not really ready, but I figured if I take all the summer stuff down it would force me to think fall. The first idea I had was adding a table to my library corner. I've been keeping this table for my dd. This last Christmas it was behind my love seat facing the fireplace and I put the Christmas village on it. This summer I put it in front of the window with a display on it. One day I got the idea to use it as a library table and make a cozy corner. I could do puzzles there or bible study or a craft. I love books and have been wanting to have some sort of table in that corner so I'm happy with the results.

My granddaughter has lent me a lot of books about Middle Earth and The Lord of the Rings and Tolkien. I thought I was done, but I just can't seem to stop reading about it. So they are on my book stand.

Linda

5 comments:

wilhelmina said...

What a pretty tablecloth, I love it! And a nice cozy library nook, perfect for evenings with a little chill. As much as I am not ready, you are making it seem inviting!

Heidi said...

Oh Linda...what a pretty little reading corner! I love the table by the shelves (this is in your living room?) and the tablecloth is beautiful. I think I would sit here very often if I had this corner. What a wonderful place to sit with a laptop and blog.

I love making puzzles but do not make the time for it. Do you do large puzzles? I like 500 pieces best as I can get them done in a reasonable time. Then I can get back to my book or stitching or crocheting or quilting...you see that I do not have much time for puzzles...lol.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Unknown said...

Heidi, Yes this is a corner of my living room. I think most of my puzzles are around 1000. I can't leave them alone when I have one going. The last one I tried to do I gave up on. Maybe I don't have the patiences that I use to have. Linda

Heidi said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for your comment about my miniature armoire. You asked about how I did it...I did not sand it all that much as we found it was difficult. I then did three layers of the matt emulsion. I sanded only ever so lightly between the layers. Then I first sanded over the edges of the cupboard to give it a distressed look and used the furniture wax which seals the emulsion paint. It worked very easy compared to using the normal paint for wood. My antique wax changes the color slightly but you can use colorless wax. I used what I had. :-)

Mine has a drawer in the bottom but I see I need to refold the quilt at the bottom so you see the drawer a little better with the quilt hanging out. These quilts are very small (about 8 inches wide) so they work in really small furniture.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me. I would say try to redo yours as they are really cute when they are done up.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Lady Linda said...

Hi Linda...wow, I sure wish it would cool down here. I'm so ready for fall, but can't begin to decorate. Love your pix.
Linda