Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mobac's Pointsettas



Last weekend I went to see my dd on the other side of the water. My gd came too and we went to Mobac's. It's known for it's varieties of Pointsettas and has tons of Christmas ornaments. We had fun but were both exhausted by the time we got home. I decided I wanted to do something fun to celebrate the season and this was it. We went to the mall, of course and I kept getting sticker shock.


I'm still dealing with tummy issues. Just when I think it's over, it isn't. I've been sewing and watching a lot of dvd's from the library. I'm watching an old one I've never seen before with Audrey Hepburn, Henry Fonda and Mel Ferrer, War and Peace. It's Tolstoy's epic about Russia and Napoleon's invasion of Moscow. It's beautifully filmed, lots of snow. Audrey looks so young and beautiful.


My part in the Thanksgiving dinner is going to be grilled asparagus (if I can get it), fennel, portabello mushrooms with one of my green sauces, roasted winter squash with a balsamic glaze and green salad with oranges and pomegranate with an orange vinaigrette. I always do green beans and wanted to do something different this year and I like to have a salad to cut all the heavy foods. I've been seeing some great ideas on The Chew. Michael Simon did a turkey soup with dumplings that looked wonderful. I'm not cooking the bird but I might get a breast or leg to roast and make soup from.




Have a great weekend and remember to relax and savor the season.

Linda

Post a Comment