Monday, January 16, 2012

Projects



Well this is the last project I finished. I started it years ago so I'm happy I finally got it done. I haven't framed it. I was thinking about trying to make it into a mini wall quilt to hang on the wall by putting a fabric board on it and a backing. There are two more panels to this project if I could find the same fabric again, it's blue so not so easy to find.

I've started making sauces for the freezer. That was one of the freezer projects that worked pretty well for me. I made my fav. Putanessa Sa. and now I'm going to make a Barbecue Sa. I'm making a standard but sugar free sauce and plan to try one that has dried cherries and some spice in it. I also have always wanted to make ketchup but haven't and so that is on my list too. Enchilada Sa. is another I tried.

Because of the Bento Box project I am going to try some Vietnamese recipes. I got several dairy-free cookbooks from the library and one of them had some Vietnamese recipes.

I've been into the Upstairs Downstairs world lately because I'm watching Downton Abby and the mystery series I've been talking about is set in this world of having servants. So the next book I'm going to read is one I had on my shelves called Rose: My Life in Service by Rosina Harrison. She was the personal maid to Nancy Lady Astor. I also have one on hold at library that is on order and is based on the Downton Abby series. I've always been fascinated by the downstairs life.

I also have been reading a cookbook called The Kitchen Counter Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn. She graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris and the book is about a project she took on teaching women to cook that were basically afraid to cook and lived on fast foods or boxed mixes. It's a great book for anyone that doesn't really know how to cook, but I picked up a few tips too. The idea came to her when she saw a lady in the grocery store with a cart full of packaged foods and no real food. She stopped her and talked to her and found out she was afraid of real food, she didn't know what to do with it. Kathleen also wrote a book about her experience at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris-The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry so I'd like to read that one too.

On a personal note I'm going in for some minor female surgery on Friday so say a prayer for me, they will be doing a biopsy also. I'm feeling fine about it, but I may get some last minute gitters.

Linda

5 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I love hearing about all of your books and projects, you always inspire me to do better!

I will be keeping you in my prayers - hope all goes well with the surgery.

Thank you for your kind words and prayers for me - friends are such a blessing to me.

Warm Hugs,
Barb

Nancy said...

Doesn't Downton Abby just draw you in? I'm enjoying it! Sounds like you are reading interesting books. Best of luck on Friday with your surgery. I've had my turn with such things and it was a breast biopsy. I'll be thinking of you. Nancy

Janet said...

Linda,

I will be thinking of you on Friday, but I am sure all will go well. Jitters are just a natural part of life :)

Lady Linda said...

Dear Linda...hope all is well. Love your project you finished, you do such nice work. I am fascinated by the downstairs world too.
Love ya,
Linda

Unknown said...

Sorry that you had to go through a procedure,and that I missed the opportunity to pray for you. I will pray you have a speedy recovery! While I was reading your posts, I wondered if you were watching Downton Abbey. We're hooked on it also! I have watched season 2 online,while waiting for season 1 from Netflix. We're watching it on Sunday nights,its such a great story! So sad that will passed,and matthew will be a parapalegic. what will his girls do??? Take Care,heal quickly!