Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Mantle and Bento Boxes








This is my winter look. I usually go for this sort of early spring look right after the holidays. We've had some pretty dark, grey days and I missed the Christmas lights so I decided to add some. Lighting candles also helps.

I've been busy getting my office set up for the new year. I also go through my files in Jan. There wasn't much to do this year and so I also cleared out my pantry and next I plan to clean woodwork in the kitchen.

I just finished a mystery by Carola Dunn called "Black Ship", a Daisy Dalrymple Mystery. It's British and I really enjoyed it.  I'm just starting the first book in the series and plan to read the whole series.

I have a new interest in the cooking realm, Bento Boxes. My gd like to make them. They are basically Japanese lunch boxes, that have become very popular. They are hard to describe so here is a link. I got interested in them because they are colorful and look likes lots of fun. I like the idea of filling up little sections with interesting food and it doesn't have to be Japanese recipes, but I look forward to learning some. I guess I'm looking for some inspiration for the lunchtime meal. I struggle with that meal. Also I want to keep learning new things and so this in one of the things I plan to play with this year.

Linda

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Interesting you said you are doing an early spring look. I was wondering today how early I could expect to see bulbs shooting up and buds opening. Too many gray days with no snow to brighten things up. The lights on the mantle are a nice touch. I used to do that on the tops of my kitchen cabinets when we lived in the log cabin in PA.

Heidi said...

Love your winter mantle. The lights are a lovely touch. I have candles lit each evening.

I have book one of this same series but have not read it yet. It was one I ordered last year. You must like the one you read. I am looking forward to reading it as it sounds really good.

Some of the projects are on my blog if you search you should be to find them. I can help if you want to know something specific and where I got the online patterns. I am having a personal challenge this year that I have to finish two UFOs before I can start anything new. Now I have 3 done and want to do more yet before I start a new project. It does motivate. :-) Are you going to share the project you mentioned finishing?

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi