Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy New Year

Well I wasn't going to do a post because I figured everyone is out returning gifts and buying, on sale, Christmas paper but I decided to go ahead anyway. It's not that I have anything to say, maybe a few questions and I wanted to put up the photos of the finished gifts I made this year. Here they are


I made this little pillow for my gd. I loved the little green buttons that were in a bottle of buttons I bought once. She is 15 so I was trying to make it not too babyish and she likes lime green and bright pink.



This is how I finished the other one for my dd. I put it in a memory box I had so that I could add things to it. I thought the flowers on the bottom made it look like she was walking through a field of flowers.




This is the scarf I made for my other dd. It could use a little blocking but it turned out beautifully.



My other gd wanted my to make this for her. I learned a lot from making this. It was difficult but I got it done and she is happy. I hurt my finger in the middle of making this so I just wanted to get it done. It is the earth bender symbol from a series that she loves. We watch it together when she comes over to visit me.

So for my questions- Have you thought about 2012 yet? Any goals or plans for the new year? I think I'm going to not make goals this year, but I hope to be more of myself this year and stop listening to all those inner should do's and those that we think other people want to put on us. Do you know what I mean?

Is anyone thinking about next Christmas yet? lol. I know it's too soon, but I hope that I will get some ideas to make Christmas gifts again. I tried to use as much as I could materials that I already had but the yarn I had to buy and it can be expensive. I want to start doing something with my stash of fabrics and plan to try and make some bags, totes and purses. I also want to try my hand at some place mats I saw that were patchwork. I also like these little tea mats that I've been seeing. They are small than a place mat and larger than a coaster. I think they could be fun to make. They are suppose to be large enough for a mug of tea and a snack. I look forward to getting new ideas from Pinterest this year.

Happy New Year
Linda

6 comments:

Lady Linda said...

Linda...your work is so beautiful. I wish I had your talent. Happy New Year dear friend.
Missing you all.
Love, LInda

Nancy said...

The things you made are just beautiful! Hand made gifts are wonderful for those who appreciate them. Hard to make things for young men. I did give one son a frame and his choice of any one of my pictures in it. Everyone is big on DVD's and computer games. I can't make those! Keep up your good work.

Zaa said...

OMG .. what lovely needlework... You've really been busy... and you encouraged me .. to get into my stash going and YES..start thinking about creating for Next Christmas( ha Ha).. I'm so very glad that you decided to post this one...It's been an inspiring nudge for me ..(Hee Hee)...Hugs

Heidi said...

I love all your gifts. There is no gift like a handmade gift. It says you care enough to invest your time and energy. The flower scarf turned out a true beauty. I love wearing mine and hope your DD will too!

I am continuing to declutter and simplify. I want to continue to make do with what I have sometimes rethinking items. I also hope that 2012 will see many of my projects sitting around finally getting finished.

Wishing you a very happy and creative 2012 Linda!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, you might have several followings from me....one of my emails was hacked,trying to change passwrds to several emails, i forgot psswrds to blogger,and couldn't delete the new blogs I set up. Life is a little scattered right now.Wanted to catch up on your life,through your blog. Happy New Year!

Nancy said...

Linda, I buy my frames on half price sale at AC Moore. They also sell acid free mats. It isn't hard to drill the back and put in the screw eyes and attach the wire. Nancy