Friday, March 23, 2012

Baking Day-Grain-free Apple Puff Pancake



I gave the link before for this but here it is again. It didn't puff up that much, but it tasted good. Some of my apples were a little undercooked so next time I need to make sure they are all sliced very thin. This recipe used a couple of ingredients that are new to me canned coconut milk and coconut sugar.




I made another recipe that didn't turn out. It was a muffin that was suppose to taste like a doughnut but it was bitter tasting. It had a lot of the flax seed meal in it and I'm wondering if my flax meal is old even though I just bought it. I did some research on flax and they said if it's bitter it's rancid. There is a learning curve in baking with these alternative flours and finding recipes that work for me. I liked the flavor the coconut milk gave my puff, it was subtle but I could slightly taste it and it seemed sweet enough so the crystals seem to work. I'm enjoying my baking day but I can't get it all done in one day. I get too tired. I still need to make something savory like bread or biscuits. I could almost use 2 baking days. I'll have to think about that.  

Linda















1 comment:

Heidi said...

This sounds so good whether you are on the gluten free diet or not.

Thank you so much for the comment about my Easter decorations. Saying they look simple and natural is a great compliment as that is JUST what I wanted to achieve. I like that look now instead of anything fussy. It works for me physically to keep it simple with my FM being so bad but feels good emotionally to see the simplicity.

How are you feeling? Are things improving? I hope so as you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi