Sunday, March 4, 2012

Broccoli and Healthy Green Kitchen

I was looking for a different recipe for broccoli and found this. She calls it the best broccoli of your life. It's roasted broccoli and I'm sure if I'll like roasted broccoli but decided to give it a try because of all the other things she adds to the broccoli. I'm trying to get away from plain veggies. She also has a link to a recipe for roasted broccoli and shrimp which I want to try.

Here is another one for a broccoli and bacon salad. It's a low fat recipe and I don't care about that but I like the idea of broc. and bacon, also cranberry and red onion. So I think I'll try this one too.

I found an interesting site Healthy Green Kitchen. She is doing a post each week called One Simple Change
I love this kind of thing. She started it in Jan. and the link I gave you is the archive page so they are all there. I was happy to see that so far I'm doing a lot of them already, but I did see a few things that I could try. I esp. liked the sixth post Fresh Air Every Day.

Linda

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

What a great recipes - I can't wait to try both of them! I would really like to start incorporating more veggies, especially greens, into my diet. With my husband home full time, it would really be a simple thing to do, as we usually only eat two meals a day - breakfast and a late lunch. We do have a healthy snack in the evening, but not a meal. I truly could make a meal of just broccoli, I love the stuff! I agree with you, veggies are much more appealing if they have some other goodies mixed in!

I'll keep my eyes open for some good veggie recipe and share with you!

Hugs,
Barb

Janet said...

Linda,

Try roasting parsnips. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 400 degrees til carmelized and tender...they are like candy!