Monday, March 12, 2012

Deep Cleaning-Tops of Cabinets



Well one area of my projects list is home and I'm working on deep cleaning projects. So the one I've been trying to get to is degreasing the tops of my cabinets in the kitchen. I do this a couple of times a year. It's getting a bit more dicey for me to get up there as I get older so I was thinking as I was doing this what can I do to make this easier. I cut down on the amount of things I put up there and last time I did it I made sure I used things that are easier to clean. So I got the idea of putting down some kind of draw liner or paper that could be thrown away. I ended up using wax paper, but I think regular paper of some kind would work. One of these days I'm going to have to hire someone to do the walls and ceiling, because I'm not tackling that.

So my next project is spots on the carpet. On pininterest someone posted using white vinegar with dish soap and water. I have some of that hot shot stuff which works really well too. After I do the carpet I want to go through pantry, frig and freezers again and get rid of those foods I don't eat anymore.

Linda

No comments: