Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fritatta and Dark Leafy Greens



This is rainbow chard. I bought this for my fritatta because it is suppose to be milder is taste than some of the other greens and it is. I tasted some raw baby kale my dd has and it had a very strong flavor when I tasted the chard raw it was very mild. A tip from my dd is the thinner the leaf the milder the taste.


This is the linguica that I like, for me it has that taste that I remember as a child. It's not quite the same but close. I cut up about a forth of the package and browned it first than added some onion about 1/3 c. finely chopped and then the chard also chopped fairly fine. After the chard is wilted about 5 mins. you add your beaten and seasoned eggs, I used 7 next time I would do 8. I had a 10" cast iron pan. The size of the pan matters because if it's too big your fritatta will be too thin. I cooked it until it began to set and then I put it under the broiler until done. I thought it was good but a little bland. The linguica didn't flavor it as much as I expected, so next time I'll try something else to add flavor maybe some ham or bacon, peppers of some kind  



I did think it was good though and will make it again.

Linda

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That is it! I am coming to your house for dinner...lol!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi