Thursday, March 29, 2012

Macadamia Nut Oil



I put some of this in my salad dressing the other day, yummy. It has a very buttery taste and does taste like the nut. This is one of the healthy oils. It was suggested for making your own mayonnaise, as a sunblock and moisturizer on skin and nails and hair as well as a pretty good oils for sauteing and stir frying. Here and here is some info on it. Just make sure the oil you are putting on your salad is the one for eating. I guess there are some made just for skin and hair care.

I'm starting to eat more salads again, it's getting to be that time of the year. The same old thing gets boring so this will be one way of changing it up. I want to make an avocado dressing also. I"ll post later if I come up with anything interesting.

Our nice weather went away. It's raining, cold and windy. I'm staying inside by the fire with my book and my tea.

Linda




1 comment:

Lady Linda said...

Hi LInda, I'm so impressed with your healthy eating. I've never heard of this oil. Amazing.
Is it wet and cold up north as it is here? UGH...I'm anxious to get to my gardening, but it will have to wait.
Love, Linda