Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Caldo Verde



Here is the recipe I started with.

We have been having cool weather and I wanted to make something frugal, so I decided to make some soup this last week.

I wasn't able to get the linguica so it's really not Portuguese, but it was still good. I don't eat potatoes very often. They really aren't part of a low carb diet. But once in while it's a treat to have them. I'm getting use to the kale and my plants are doing well so I wanted to use what I had. I also put in chard and spinach. Instead on onion I used a leek and a shallot. I left out the garlic and added some dried marjoram. I left the potatoes a little chunky. I think this would be good with other root veggies added. I'd like to make it again with the linquica.

Linda


2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

We are finally having some warm weather - it's windy, or course, but it's warm!!

I love making soup! I have never heard of linquica. What did you use instead? This soup sounds really delicious, I'm always up for some new soup recipes!

Hugs,
Barb

Unknown said...

Barb, I'm sorry I meant to say I used polish sausage. Linguica is Portugese sausage.