Thursday, May 17, 2012

Coconut Milk Coffee Ice Cream and Homemade Chocolate Syrup



Here is the link for the ice cream and here is the link for the syrup. They both turned out great. I substituted the coconut sugar and canned coconut milk (2 cans, 2 reg. and 1 lite) and I left the cocoa out of the ice cream. I believe you can just substitute coconut milk is any ice cream recipe for the milk. I like this recipe because it doesn't have eggs in it. It has to be thawed a bit to eat after the first day, it gets kind of hard. I love the chocolate syrup. It's made out of cocoa powder, really easy. I was thinking without the chocolate syrup this could use a little more coffee. I'd double the coffee next time.

Linda

2 comments:

Lady Linda said...

Linda...I do believe I'm going to move in with you so you can feed me! Oh my, this just looks delicious. Your garden looks pretty too...lots of work.
Love ya,
Linda

Paula said...

This looks delicious Linda! Thank you for sharing the links. I will have to take a look. I love your perennial bed in your previous post. Your flowers are so pretty and I love the stepping stones. I look forward to seeing the flowers filling in. It is very beautiful! You did a great job! Love, Paula xo... all of your food looks so yummy!