Friday, June 22, 2012

Juice Fasting



I'm on my second day of a 3 day juice fast. Passionate Homemaker did a post on her morning juice with a link to this site Reboot Your Life. I watched the video and was motivated and inspired to give it a try. I've been wanting to do more with juicing because I like the fresh taste. I found out that the idea behind juicing as apposed to smoothies is you can't drink that much produce and therefore nutrients in a smoothie because of all the fiber. Now smoothies are good too because of the fiber. It just depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I think making both a part of my diet would be very good.

I was concerned about it being too much fruit but they have a forum and one of the threads is for diabetics. I just am using less fruit and more veggies. They actually say 70/30. On the site there are several plans including some where you eat part of your veggies and fruit.

I think after I finish the three days I will eat some vegan meals and see how it goes. I may try again one of the longer fasts in a few weeks. Right now I don't think I can do more than 3 days.

My doctor said at my last apt. that if I can lose the weight I gained recently that we would try reducing my diabetes meds. so that is my motivation. What I was trying to do wasn't working so fingers crossed.

Linda
Post a Comment