Friday, June 22, 2012

Juice Fasting



I'm on my second day of a 3 day juice fast. Passionate Homemaker did a post on her morning juice with a link to this site Reboot Your Life. I watched the video and was motivated and inspired to give it a try. I've been wanting to do more with juicing because I like the fresh taste. I found out that the idea behind juicing as apposed to smoothies is you can't drink that much produce and therefore nutrients in a smoothie because of all the fiber. Now smoothies are good too because of the fiber. It just depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I think making both a part of my diet would be very good.

I was concerned about it being too much fruit but they have a forum and one of the threads is for diabetics. I just am using less fruit and more veggies. They actually say 70/30. On the site there are several plans including some where you eat part of your veggies and fruit.

I think after I finish the three days I will eat some vegan meals and see how it goes. I may try again one of the longer fasts in a few weeks. Right now I don't think I can do more than 3 days.

My doctor said at my last apt. that if I can lose the weight I gained recently that we would try reducing my diabetes meds. so that is my motivation. What I was trying to do wasn't working so fingers crossed.

Linda

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I love juice - I have a juicer, and I really don't use it enough. I have heard so many good things about juicing, so I an anxious to see what you think when you are done with your fast! My favorite juice is carrot, cucumber, tomato and apple...yummy!

Hugs,
Barb

Unknown said...

Barb, Thanks I'll have to try that one. I'm having to moderate this a bit because of the diabetes. One more day to go.