Saturday, June 23, 2012

Veggie Meals



Well I ended my juice fast a little early, because of some issues I was having, but I'm going to transition now into veggie meals for a while. Reboot Your Life has some great recipes. There are a lot of juices, of course, but near the end of that list are veggie meals, salads and veggie soups. So there is lots to try.

I plan to continue to juice daily, one or two times. I'm going to start off with juice for breakfast. I didn't feel very well while I was juicing, but they say if you stick with it you will get over that. I think with my diabetes and intestinal issues I'm better off with less juice and some food.

Here is one of their salad recipes-

Arugula Spinach Salad and Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing

1 cups Arugula
1 cup Spinach
1/3 Avocado
!/2 cup thinly sliced red Onion
1/2 cup chopped Tomato
1/2 cup Jicama

Mustard Vinaigrette

1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp. Grain mustard
2/3 cups Cold Pressed Olive Oil
Sea Salt & fresh ground Pepper to taste

I made the vinaigrette and it was good.

Linda

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

You are doing so well with your diet - I'm very impressed! I love Jicama, it really makes a salad in my opinion. I love to eat it raw as a snack.

Hugs,
Barb