Thursday, August 2, 2012

My New Toy, The Vitamix




What is has in it. Frozen Mango
                            1 c. Coconut Milk
                            1/3 c. Coconut Yogurt
                            1 T Flax Oil
                            2-3 T Flax Seed Meal
                            1 Collard Leaf
                            Juice from 1/2 Lime and a little of the zest



This is a really good book I got from the library. It has lots of recipes for smoothies and juicing as well as raw soups, dips, salad dressings, dessert puddings and nut milks and nogs. I might have to get this one.

My doctors apt is next week and then I'll see how my blood sugar numbers are doing. I've lost some weight but only about 1/2 what I wanted to so far. I'm trying to decide where I want to go with my diet once I see the doctor.

 I haven't eaten meat on this diet and want to stay away from it for a while longer. We hear so much about how unhealthy our meat is now unless it is organic, grass fed or wild, it is expensive to only eat top quality meats. I think when I do go back to eating meat it will be in very small quantities. I can't really see me giving it up completely. I don't want to have tofutti turkey at Thanksgiving, but I can see having lots of nice veggies with a little turkey. It would be a treat.

 I'm still gluten-free and dairy-free due to intestinal issues and I really don't see that changing any time soon. Well this is probably TMI but just thought someone might be interested in what I'm doing and thinking.






Don't forget Tasha Tudor Day is on the 28th of this month.

Linda






2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

Wow, I've been away too long! What a fun toy!! Please keep us updated on all the fun you will be having with it. The smoothie looks and sounds wonderful!

Hugs,
Barb

Lady Linda said...

Always something new and exciting when I read you blog! Good luck with the dr appt.
Much love,
Linda